My baking mood was on..so after lunch, I got ready all the ingredients needed and started baking "traditional butter cake." Actually it was my second time baking this cake. Few weeks ago, I did bake it and I found the cake is moist and although keep for 2-3 days, it still soft and moist.
After busy in the kitchen for an hour.....at last, my butter cake is ready. I topped up lot of mixed fruits on top the cake.I also added some raisins in between the batter,but it seem the raisins are all go to the bottom of the cake.
4 eggs (separate egg yolk and egg white)
50 gr + 150 gr caster sugar
200 gr self raising flour
60 ml fresh milk
1 tsp vanilla essence
Method:1. Beat egg white until soft peaks, then add 50gr caster sugar, beat till stiff.
2. In another bowl, beat butter & 150gr caster sugar until pale. Add vanilla essence ,followed by egg yolk one at a time.
3. Pour in half of the flour,mix on low speed.
4. Pour in the milk ( in 2 additions ) and lastly mix the balance of the flour.
5. Put in 1/2 of egg white into the above batter,mix well.
6. Using a spatula, pour in the balance of egg white and mix them well.
7. Preheat the oven, bake the cake for about 45 mins.