Today is my second attempt making sponge cake. I always wanted to bake a cake,but no oven at home. So my lovely hubby redeemed his credit card points with ELBA electric oven for me to do my baking project. I received the oven less than a week time.
Since Ryan is having his long school holiday, I have more free time at home to do my baking project. I started look for simple cake recipe to try out.
While doing my grocery shopping last week, I spotted "sponge cake mix" at the supermarket rack. Looks easy and simple to make, grabbed one pack and tried it out last week. The sponge cake taste great and spongy. Definitely a good try !!
Since I have a Giant blackcurrent jam in the fridge, I cut half the sponge cake and applied the jam in between,it taste good. Three of us walloped the whole cake in a day.
While writing this post, I am baking the 2nd sponge cake. I need to bake 3x to finish up the batter.
Baking in process....
The sponge cake is ready......hot from the oven.
Here is the "sponge cake" recipe for sharing:
500g sponge mix/optima
120g water/milk (I used water)
120g oil/butter/margarine (I used butter-melted)
1. Melted the butter and leave it to cool.
2. Mix the sponge mix with egg,beat with slow speed for 1 min. Change to high speed whip till the mixture is fluffy, slowly add in the milk/water and beat for another 4 mins.
3. Fold in the melted butter slowly with slow speed to complete the mixing.
4. Preheat the oven for about 10 mins.
5. Bake with medium heat for 45 mins.