For the very first time, I try to bake CNY cookies for this year. Every year,my sister will make different type of cny cookies and the most I like is pineapple and peanut butter cookies.
My sister told me that peanut butter cookies is pretty simple and easy to make. So I gave it a try last week.
Get ready all the ingredients needed and starting my 1st baking project : "peanut butter cookies"
250gm peanut butter (Skippy/Lady Choice)
200gm icing sugar
400gm plain flour (sifted)
200gm corn oil
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 egg yolk (for glazing)
1. Mixed well peanut butter,icing sugar,flour,salt and vanilla essence.
2. Add in corn oil and mix to form a dough.
3. Shape into rounds and leave on lined baking trays.
4. Glaze surface with egg yolk.
5. Bake in a preheated oven at 180c for 15-20 mins. Cool well and store in airtight container immediately.
I am submitting this peanut cookies recipe to Aspiring Bakers #3: My Favorite CNY Cookie (Jan 2011).