Ryan's Sweet Memories

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, March 20, 2009

New Dish - Fish Maw Tauco



Fish maw is actually the air bladder of large fish, the function of which is to regulate water and oxygen flow so that the fish can ascend or descend in the water. The fish maw is also regarded as a nourishing tonic that helps blood circulation and beneficial to the general health.

Today, apart from cooking the Beehoon Miding, I cooked another dish : Fish Maw Tauco. All the while I always cooked FishMaw Fishball soup. Never try to cook it with Tauco. Since my sis told me ,it is nice to cook with tauco...so let's give a try.

Lastweek, I did cooked FishMaw Tauco with prawn, but today fridge has no prawn,so I mixed it with long bean. Hope hubby will like this dishes......see what comments he is goin to give me tonight when he eats.

4 comments:

MommyAngel said...

Looks so yummy!! So did your hubby likes it? I love fish maw a lot too but only use to boil soup :)

MeRy said...

Caroline - Lucky hubby like this dishes...but he never touch the long bean as he does not like to eat long bean.He only sapu the fish maw. I also used to boil soup with fishball.That's one of my favo soup.

Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

I think I have eaten fish maw before in those wedding dinner dish. It has crunchy texture right?

I wonder will it taste fishy when we cook it?

Do we have to soak it in water before cooking it?

MeRy said...

Joanne - ya, it is not that crunchy once u have soaked in the water before cooking it. Normally I will put ginger while cook the fishmaw,so the fishy taste is already covered up by the ginger aroma.

The one I have is deep fried fish maw, have to soak in the water for about 1 hr before cooking.