Monday, July 28, 2008
Indonesian Specialty Food
Last week , I tried to make some perkedel for dinner. It has been long time that I never make perkedel ( i think more than half a year already).It takes long time to make it,so sometimes very lazy.
Indonesian food's perkedel (Indonesian mini meat patties) is made from potato filled with either beef/chicken/pork meat, hence it is also called potato cakes. Usually served with rice or nasi lemak, vegetable soup, and sambal terasi (chili sauce with dried shrimp paste).
* 3 pcs shallot, peel off the skin & slice thinly
* 3 yellow potatoes, peel off the skin, slice thinly
* 1 egg,separate the yolk
* 200 g minced meat (ie : chicken/beef/pork)& add bit of carrot + garlic to the minced meat & blend them together
* 1 cup vegetable oil
* 1 tablespoon salt
* 1 pinch pepper
* 1 tablespoon Oyster Sos
1. Fry sliced shallots until it turns a bit brown, then set aside to cool.
2. Saute sliced potatoes until it turns soft, and then mash them in a bowl.
3. Mix together the mashed potato with fried shallots, salt, pepper,oyster sos minced meat and egg yolk and shape into palm-sized, flat round patties.
4. Heat oil in a frying pan, enough to cover the patties.
5. Dip patty into egg white and then cook the patties (in batches if necessary) over a medium heat for about 5min each side.
6. Ready to be served